Kafunta River Lodge
Kafunta River Lodge is a classic Zambian safari lodge, combining all the essentials for a great safari, including its spectacular location at the edge of the floodplain. Beyond the plain, lies the Luangwa River – one of the best game viewing areas in the magical South Luangwa National Park. This is indeed the premier park in Zambia and one of the best national parks in all of Africa. The lodge was fully renovated in 2019 and offers a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to details. We love what we do and we can’t wait to share this with you!
- 8 Standard chalets on stilts
- 2 Luxury suites with mezzanine (up to 4 people)
- Magnificent views of the river from each chalet
- En-suite bathroom with shower and two sinks (and separate bathtub for the suites)
- Walk-in mosquito nets with ceiling fan
- Coffee-making set and table fridge
Natural Hot Tub
Next to the bar is our infinity pool and the only natural hot tub in the Luangwa Valley, fed from a natural geothermal source on Kafunta’s grounds. With an average temperature of 37 degrees, the water is very therapeutic, added to which are the magnificent views over the flood plain and the Luangwa River. During cooler nights from May to July, this truly is the perfect ending to an eventful day’s safari.